Sandakan Free Walking Tour
Come walk with us!
The Sandakan Free Walking Tour is fun and educational, and makes the perfect introduction to Sandakan and its history since the 1700s.
All our guides live locally and are able to share with you things about Sandakan that you cannot find in travel books. They know plenty about the Sandakan history, culture, local traditions and can help you with any general or practical questions you have regarding your stay in our city.
We have decided to run the Sandakan Free Walking Tour because we believe it’s a great contribution to Sandakan and its visitors to offer everybody a chance get to know our lovely town.
The Sandakan Free Walking Tour is led by a group of like-minded individuals and/or local volunteers who support sustainable tourism, local businesses, culture and traditions.
This tour is created and supported by Borneo Sandakan Tours with the purpose of supporting our authentic nature city, Sandakan, the one we sincerely love. The Sandakan Free Walking Tour is entirely planned and prepared by professional licenced nature guides from Borneo Sandakan Tours.
Why we do this?
- Promoting sustainable tourism
- Maintaining and promoting Sandakan traditions and culture
- Educating and sharing our Sandakan history
- Supporting local businesses and activities
How to Join the Sandakan Free Walking Tour:
- Sandakan Free Walking Tours operate every Wednesdays and Fridays 10:00am – 12:00pm local Sandakan time
- Tours are subject to cancellation depending on weather / flood / safety conditions and will be communicated to participants via WhatsApp
- Bookings available via WhatsApp only +6 016 520 5754, please enter:
- Number of participants
- First Name and Last Name of ALL participants
- Bookings must be made 24 hours before tour starts
- Confirmation will be sent as a response via WhatsApp
- Maximum of 15 pax per walking tour
- Further information on meetup location will be confirmed via WhatsApp
Not Included2 River cruises & 1 Night WalkAccommodationClimbing PermitEntrance FeeJoining Basis (SIC)Meals as statedNon-Private Basis;River Cruise ( if weather permitted )River cruises|1 Jungle Trek|2 Night WalksTransportations