BSDK 2A: Orangutan, Sun Bear & Kinabatangan River (1N)
This full-packed 1 Day 1 Night (BSDK 2A) tour package includes three (3) destinations:
- Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
- Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre
- Kinabatangan River (1 night)
Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre
The Sepilok Orang Utan Sanctuary was set up to rehabilitate orphaned and/or injured baby orangutans, aiming to have them returned back into the wild. Here, you will have the opportunity to watch the orangutans up close in their natural habitat.
Food brings people together and it certainly brings orangutans together too! We’ll get you here right before feeding time, and prepare to be amazed by these cheeky little creatures!
We love our orangutans, and we hope you do too!
Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre
This interesting trip will be followed by a visit to the Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre, where you will get to watch this very unique species of bears, called the Sun Bear. Sun bears are the smallest of the bear species and can be found in tropical forests in Southeast Asia.
Populations of Sun Bears are rapidly diminishing due to serious threats from habitat loss and commercial hunting. Increasing protection and guaranteeing survivals of Sun Bears in Borneo is one of the main missions behind the conservation centre.
Go and meet the bears, and watch them hunt for their favourite thing in the world: honey!
This really is a unique opportunity to watch the Bornean Sun Bear, up close.
The Kinabatangan River (Malay: Sungai Kinabatangan; pronounced: Soong-ngy Keen-nah-but-tungan) is the second longest river in Malaysia, with a length of 560 kilometers.
Kinabatangan is known for its remarkable wildlife and fascinating habitats. This wonderful journey of wildlife discovery starts from the waters of Sulu Sea cruising through a magnificent scenery of the mangrove forest. You will be cruising down the river in search of primates especially the endemic proboscis monkeys, birds and other wildlife.
This tour package will include ground transportation to and from Kinabatangan River (from Sandakan) and a basic bedroom for a night in a lodge.
- 1 night stay in Kinabatangan
- 1 river cruise, 1 night drive Safari & 1 jungle walk
- Entrance fee where applicable
- Tour guide
- Transportation – land & boat transfers
- Meals as stated in itinerary
- All airfares & airport taxes
- Camera & video fees where applicable
- Alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- Tips, portage & items not stated
Departure Time0800 am
IncludedAccommodationEntrance FeeMeals as statedNon-Private Basis;River Cruise ( if weather permitted )Tour GuideTransportations
Not Included2 River cruises & 1 Night WalkClimbing PermitJoining Basis (SIC)River cruises|1 Jungle Trek|2 Night Walks
Day 1: Orangutan, Sun bear & Kinabatangan
- 08:00 Meet & greet from Sandakan airport or hotel lobby within town area.
- 30 minutes drive to to Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
- Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- 12:30 2.5 hours drive to Kinabatangan River
- 15:00 Expected arrival at Bilit, Kinabatangan. Resort checkin
- 16:00 Afternoon river cruise (2 hours) in search of wildlife that is so prevalent in the area – a good chance to see proboscis monkeys, orangutans, pygmy elephants, birds and other wildlife.
- After dinner (provided as part of tour package) and subject to weather conditions, enjoy a night safari drive (1 hour) in search of nocturnal animals
- Enjoy a good night's rest in Bilit, Kinabatangan
Day 2: Back to Sandakan
- 06:00 Rise early for a jungle walk along the MERBAU TRAIL
- Breakfast is served at the resort (provided as part of tour package)
- 08:30 After breakfast, departure from Kinabatangan and back to Sandakan town / Sukau Junction / Sepilok Centre / Sandakan airport
- This tour package is for a minimum of 2 adults
- Private Tour: Additional 30% from the above rates
- Single Traveler: Additional 50% from the above rates
- Child (11 years old and below) 30% off