BSLD 2A (2D1N) Tabin Wildlife Encounter
Have you ever imagined waking up to a fresh sultry morning with birds singing in a rainforest? Dews on the leaves of huge plants and the warmth of hues of the morning light, and there is something crisp and glorious as the sun beams right through those huge trees and leaves. Ah, tranquillity…
Now, dream no more! We proudly introduce you to the Tabin Wildlife Reserve, where your dreams come true! Tabin Wildlife Reserve is a wildlife reserve, created to preserve Sabah’s disappearing wild animals.
We welcome you to witness the large number of animals inhabiting this forests, some of which are highly endangered. The Tabin Wildlife Reserve is home to the three (3) largest mammals of Sabah – the Borneo elephants, the Sumatran Rhinoceros and the Bantengs and a vast variety of other animals, tree and plants species.
- The Borneo elephants
- Sumatran Rhinoceros
- Banteng / Tembadau
- Clouded Leopards
- Sun Bears
- Orang Utans
- Proboscis Monkeys
- Return Land Transportations;
- Scheduled Transfers;
- 1 Night Accommodation;
- Guide & Meals as stated;
- Entrance fee where is applicable;
- Joining basis (SIC);
- All Airfares and airport taxes;
- Camera & Video fees where applicable;
- Alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages;
- Travel Insurance
- Tips, portage & Items not stated;
IncludedAccommodationEntrance FeeMeals as statedNon-Private Basis;Tour GuideTransportations
Not Included2 River cruises & 1 Night WalkClimbing PermitJoining Basis (SIC)River Cruise ( if weather permitted )River cruises|1 Jungle Trek|2 Night Walks
Day 1 : Lahad Datu – Tabin Wildlife Resort (Lunch & Dinner)
- Meet & greet from Lahad Datu airport or hotel lobby and transferred by road to Tabin Wildlife Reserve (1:30 hours). Check into an attractive timber lodge at Tabin Wildlife Resort, which comes complete with private balcony, ceiling fan and hot water shower, a welcome luxury in the forest. Nestled within the rainforest beside the Lipad river, this lovely setting is home to a surprising variety of birds, insects and small mammals, even right beside the buildings of the resort. Discover the rich variety of jungle herbs, some endemic, used for generations by local folks for the treatment of various ailments.
- In the afternoon, visit the Lipad mud volcano which provides a mineral salt lick for wildlife. After trekking through the rainforest for 20 minutes, arrive at the elevated bare area of the mud volcano which is frequented by wildlife and birds. Try to identify the multitude of animal footprints here. Climb the observation tower and admire the contrasting landscape of the bare mud volcano and its surrounding thick forest, where birds are commonly sighted.
- After dinner, enjoy a slide presentation on Tabin’s natural wonders, followed by a trip to look out for nocturnal wildlife and birds. Remember to look up at the clear, dark sky of Tabin, identify the constellations above you and make a wish or two.
Overnight at Tabin Wildlife Resort.
Day 2 : Home(Lunch & Dinner)
- You may opt to join the early morning bird walk to discover some of Tabin’s rich collection of almost 300 bird species. After breakfast, trek through the lush green rainforest known for its rich diversity of plants and animal species to visit Lipad Waterfall. Take a dip in the natural pool and enjoy a natural and refreshing shower under the waterfall. Alternatively explore the surrounding vegetation or just relax.
- 1430 hrs – Transfer back to Lahad Datu airport or hotel at Lahad Datu.
- Note: Activities are subject to weather conditions, and may be re-organized to best meet operational situations
End of Service.
*Minimum 2 Persons