BSKK 3 White Water Rafting Padas Experience
Padas River is situated in the interior of southwestern part of Kota Kinabalu that is only accessible by train (used since the late 19th century in Borneo). Basically, this trip will give you two experiences advantages –
1) Excursion of Class III-IV river,
2) A uniquely ride in an antique train.
The adrenaline rush excursion covers a distance of 9km of this rather muddy 200 km river that holds 7 exciting and tough rapids! These rapid carries amusing names such as Merry-Go-Round Rapid, Break Point Rapid, Scooby Doo Rapid, Cobra Rapid, Curve Rapid, Lambada Rapid and Head Hunter Rapid. Each rapid will give you the feel of the motion as what the name means.
- Return Land and Boat Transportation;
- White water equipment approved by American Coastguard;
- Train ride;
- Bottled drinking water;
- Certificate (upon request)
- Entrance fee where is applicable;
- Meals as stated;
- Joining basis (SIC);
- All Airfares and airport taxes;
- Camera & Video fees where applicable;
- Alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages;
- Travel Insurance
- Tips, portage & Items not stated;
Day 1: Kota Kinabalu – Padas River – Kota Kinabalu (Lunch)
- Meet at hotel lobby or Kota Kinabalu Airport.
- 0540 – 0600 hrs: Pick up from your hotel and transfer by coach to Beaufort Railway Station. Located in interior division of Sabah, east Malaysia on the Island of Borneo. Signing of liability Release Form before the rafting commences.
- 0730 hrs: Arrive at Beaufort, Get onboard by train. The thrilling yet scenic ride will take around 1 ½ hours – 2 hours to get to PANGI STATION (starting point). Train will depart at 0750 hrs. You will have 10 minutes stopped at Rayoh station to keep your belonging and get change for rafting gears.
- 1030 hrs: When arrived at Pangi, light refreshment will be served, Safety briefing will be conducted by the River guide.
- Rafting commence from starting point to RAYOH (ending point) which will take about 1 ½ hours-2 hours (10km) includes various points of rapids namely HEAD HUNTER, LAMBADA, COBRA, SCOOBY DOO, WASHING MACHINE, MARY GO ROUND, SNAKE HOUSE AND BBQ RAPIDS.
- 1230 hrs: Expected time of arrive at Rayoh (ending point) for sumptuous lunch and after lunch we will depart back by train to BEAUFORT at 1330 hrs, estimated 2 hours – 2 ½ hours on train ride.
- 1545 hrs: Arrival at Beaufort Town and transfer by coach or van back to Kota Kinabalu city (your hotel) estimated 2 hours – 2 ½ hours.
- 2000 hrs: Estimated time of arrival in Kota Kinabalu.
End of Service.
*Minimum of 2 Adults